Wednesday 10 September 2014

Goleuadau!!!

At long last, it's finally here!!!!


So Saturday before last, we took the train down to Cardiff where the lovely Ian at Cyclopaedia had a chat with me about my lighting needs and he said he would sort out a dynamo kit for me and post it to me and he had complete faith in my ability to fit it myself...  Well, the parcel arrived yesterday afternoon, and I spent a good two hours last night fitting the dynamo every which way except the right way and finally, with the help of Peter White, whom I would love to visit in person if I lived even remotely near there, I figured out which way it SHOULD go...  It doesn't help that all this stuff is made in Germany and doesn't come with clear fitting instructions for English speaking people who didn't grow up somewhere where bikes are required to have lights by law and they've probably all been fitting dynamos since before they could walk...


So this is my kitchen table about 45 minutes ago when I was slightly starting to despair...


...but I persevered...  and I now have working lights!  Woo hoo!  Here's Sally II (batteries not included!!!) in all her glory:


I am going to do as my Mother said and not say anything at all unless I have something nice to say, so the MANY unhelpful bike shops in West Wales, Swansea, and Cardiff that I contacted will not get named publicly here, but if any of them happen to be reading this, they know who they are: If I've told you I'm looking for a dynamo system, please don't ignore me and tell me how much better battery lights are.  You've now all just lost my business forever...

No comments: